Monday, November 23, 2009

That Dude Teaches History

Honestly, I was working on a post about a the Senate Health Care debate on health care reform that I watched on C-SPAN on Saturday morning. Yeah, Im cool like that. And did you know C-SPAN stands for Cable Satellite Public Affairs Network! But, about 500 wonky words later, I realized I was boring myself, which means I'd be boring. And this is not "You Borin dot com." Far from it.

In light of that, last week I came across a piece of YW history that I thought I'd share with the people. It was almost two years ago that Nickname and I had the idea for a forum of wildin, which eventually became the site you see today. The idea came on an afternoon when we were doing landscaping work upstate, and we were talking about this dude, Doc Ellis, who pitched a no-hitter while tripping on acid. The exchange, I believe, went something like:

Me: Yo, that guy was wildin!
NN: Yeah he was.

And BOOM! A blog is born. So last week I found an animated short, produced by No Mas, of Doc Ellis telling the story of that fateful game, and in a way, the story of this enterprise. It's incredibly well done. And this, ladies and gents, is what it means to be wildin.

No comments: